Monday, May 14, 2007

Week #4

Yeah, so I was going to do this whole write-up on Web 2.0 and what's been going on in my brain as I tried to wrap my head around what it all means, but I couldn't get my thoughts together and so I'm just going to talk about some of the websites I looked at as it pertained to the eXplore assignments. (But keep an eye out for my feelings on this subject in later posts!)

On SEOmoz, I clicked on all three sites that won awards under the "Events" category. What I like about the first two, Upcoming and Eventful, were that they -- through the magic of television -- already knew that I was looking up their site from Florida, so they already had events listed for the area. The #3 website in the category did not do this so I feel it necessary to not list them here!

I'm also a list freak so I thought the "Lists and Polls" category would be fun, but sadly they were not so much. Listdump seemed the best, but I wasn't crazy about its layout or even the depth of things it had to offer. Oh well.

I wasn't too surprised about the presence of OCLS in MySpace or Youtube as I -- and others here have mentioned -- know how much our system is in tune and up-to-date with these kinds of technologies and reaching out to our communities through it.

All-in-all I think there's so much out there to look through that it's almost impossible to make sense of it. But I guess that's the point of this course: to point us in the right direction and give us the tools to make use of it how we may.

No comments: